Check out the upcoming percussions workshop by Darmas for children. They are a band driven by the rhythms they derive from traditional Malay classics like the Joget, Zapin and the Canggung. The central focus of their colour comes from the kulintangan, an ancient series of gongs from the Sabah tribes, presenting a kaleidoscope mix of Malaysian eclectic sounds.
Date: 8th March 2020, Sunday
Time: 2.30pm – 4.00pm
Venue: Pulse Soundworks
20-2, Jalan PJU 5/20
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Introduction to Malay percussions
- Learn different percussion categories and what it’s for in a percussion ensemble setup
- Learn basic drum techniques
- Using recycled instruments, learn different groove to jam along with DARMAS
- Learn its healing power
- All recycled percussions will be provided
Entry Fee: RM 30.00
Limited to 25 participants – 7 years old & above
To register, please contact +6017-872 2968
A collaboration with Souk Kita and Pulse Soundworks.